- This event has passed.
Maple Sugarin’ Festival
March 18 @ 10:00 am to 3:00 pm$6 - $10
Riveredge’s Maple Sugarin’ Festival will take you on a journey through the sugarbush where you will experience the maple sugarin’ season like never before. Along the way, you’ll learn how to tap a maple tree, observe live demonstrations, participate in hands-on activities, enjoy music, games, and so much more! When you reach the evaporator, you’ll see how sap is transformed into syrup and enjoy our famous pancakes and 100% pure Riveredge maple syrup. Lunch & refreshments are available for purchase (including a special serving from The Fermentorium for the “kids at heart”).
Festival activities will include:
- Tree tapping treks
- Historical legends and experiences including Native American Sugarin’, Pioneer Sugarin’ Techniques, and the Legend Tree
- A live blacksmith/branding demo (brand your own tree cookie to take home with you!)
- Animals of Riveredge scavenger hunt quest
- Syrup tasting
- Indoor crafts and games to warm up to
- Face painting
- Make your own pancake mix
- A visit from the Riveredge Sugar Dragon?!
- Lunch hour refreshments for purchase
- And for the big kids, don’t miss our friends at The Fermentorium pouring their Never Frown Brown Ale served specially with real Riveredge maple syrup!
Riveredge offers a maple sugarin’ season jam-packed with seasonal fun. To learn more about all the season’s events, visit www.riveredgenaturecenter.org/maple-sugarin.