2019 Summer Bucket List: 50 Fun Things To Do With Kids!
Entertaining the kids this summer has never been easier. We’ve gathered a list of our favorite local activities to inspire you and the family to have the BEST SUMMER EVER!
Many thanks to our guide sponsor, Museum of Wisconsin Art!
Don’t miss its fun and FREE event Art & Chalk Fest, held Saturday July 27th & Sunday July 28th in West Bend!
You’ll see some AMAZING chalk artists create ephemeral masterpieces before your eyes! There’s also art activities for all ages throughout the weekend inside and outside the museum, along with art fair featuring 65+ artists, live entertainment and music, food vendors, a beer garden, an art raffle, and free admission for the weekend to the Museum of Wisconsin Art!
2019 Bucket List!
- Visit a kid-friendly beer garden or outdoor concert – see our 2019 guide here!
- See the All Star Monster Truck tour at the Ozaukee County Fair – August 4th. Get tickets here.
- Be wowed by the Milwaukee Air & Water Show – July 27 – 28th, 2019!
- Do your kids love construction vehicles? Visit Touch a Truck Wisconsin – June 8th, located in Racine!
- Catch a Timber Rattlers Game! Located in Appleton, these baseball games are fun, affordable, and totally family-friendly with tons of special guests!
- Ahoy There Matey! Get yer booty to Port Pirate Fest – June 7th – 9th in Port Washington.
- Jump in the mud at the Dirty Ninja Mud Run For Kids – July 13 in West Bend.
- Head to the “Kick the Dust Up” Rodeo – June 15th in Belgium.
- Head to the Wisconsin State Fair August 1st through 11th – see Family Entertainment here!
- Pack up the fam and take a day trip! See our favorite family-friendly daytrips here!
- Head to Summerfest for FREE! Tuesday, July 2 and Sunday, July 7th – everyone gets in free from 12-3!
- Stop by Wayne’s Drive In – Cedarburg for Thursday Cruise Night: Classic Cars, DJ, Raffle Prizes & Kids Hula Hoop Contest.
- Find something fresh Saturday mornings at the West Bend Farmers Market. With over 75 vendors, it’s the largest in the area!
- Cool off at the local splash pads in Germantown (FREE), Jackson (FREE) & West Bend ($$).
- Take a walk on the wild side at Shalom Wildlife Zoo in West Bend.
- Have a picnic and take in the amazing views at Lion’s Den Gorge Nature Preserve in Grafton.
- Burn some energy at Possibility Playground in Port Washington – a huge inclusive playground along the lakeshore.
- Ride the giant green slide at Veteran’s Memorial Aquatic Center in Hartford.
- Take your family to a drive-in movie (near Jefferson, WI)!
- Climb the scenic tower at Holy Hill and enjoy the view!
- Check out AirVenture 2018 in Oshkosh, July 22 – July 28. Children 5 and under are free!
- Enjoy live outdoor music at Summer Sounds in Cedarburg’s Cedar Creek Park. (Very kid-friendly!)
- Challenge yourselves at the inflatable obstacle course inside Fondy Aqua Park in Fond du Lac!
- Explore Bookworm Gardens – a (free!) botanical garden inspired by your children’s favorite books.
- Enjoy a day at the Washington County Fair – held July 23-28 at Washington County Fairgrounds.
- Go on a Safari adventure right here in our backyard at Lake Geneva Safari!
- Find beautiful sidewalk art at MOWA’s Art and Chalkfest, July 27-28. Admission is FREE!
- Visit one of the many Children’s Museums that are just a short drive away!
Appleton | Fond Du Lac | Milwaukee | Oconomowoc | Sheboygan
- Take a day trip and enjoy 25 cent rides at Bay Beach in Green Bay.
- Visit the Farm Discovery Center! New in 2018, it’s a great place to learn about Wisconsin’s rich farming history.
- Spend a relaxing day at the farm! Visit Green Meadows Petting Farm.
- Sign up the kids for a summer reading program. You can find them at your local library!
- Check out the National Geographic Dome Theater at The Milwaukee Museum.
- Rainy Day? Find something fun to do inside our Complete Guide To Indoor Activities.
- Try a strawberry brat at Cedarburg’s Strawberry Festival – June 22 & 23.
- Visit Little Amerricka in Marshall – an amusement park that’s perfect for younger families!
- Cheer on your favorite Dachshund at Milwaukee’s Germanfest July 26th – 28th. Kids under 12 are FREE!
- Plant a garden! Find kid-friendly inspiration here.
- Take a day trip to Madison, there are so many fun things for the family to do!
- Go strawberry and pea picking at Barthel Fruit Farm in Mequon.
- View beautiful works of art at the Milwaukee Art Museum! Kids 12 and under are always FREE – plus everyone gets in FREE the first Thursday of every month!
- Have an impact and spend a day volunteering on the Washington County Do Good Bus. (Ages 10+ with adult).
- Climb the observation tower at the Mequon Nature Preserve.
- Enjoy story time at Thiensville’s Farmer’s Market on Tuesday mornings.
- Challenge yourselves to unplug for 24 hours. No TVs, iPads, tablets or phones.
- Build a sand castle at Lannon Quarry (Menomonee Park) in Menomonee Falls.
- Ride the train and carousel at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- Feeling courageous? Ride the new Maxx Force Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great America – the fastest launch coaster in North America!
- Get a group together to play disc golf. Find local courses here.
- Visit Pizzeria 3301 at the Palermos Pizza factory!
- Explore the The History Museum At The Castle in Appleton with kid-friendly exhibits including Houdini & the Golden Age of Toys.
- (P.S. Stop for delicious cookie dough at Doughlicious afterwards!)
- Visit the 41st Annual Walleye Weekend in Fond du Lac. Free admission, live music, kids and teen activities and so much more!
- Have fun without spending a cent! Find out list of 35 FREE Things To Do With Kids here!
- Grab some friends and register for the Cache Bash in West Bend – a free social event for geocachers.
- Put on your best pirate costume and take a family sail on the Denis Sullivan – a tall ship that departs from Discovery World downtown Milwaukee!
- Play at Quarry Adventure Beach in Sheboygan. Enjoy their open play water park with both shallow and deep water activities.
- Cheer on the truck and tractor pulls at Ozaukee County Fair, one of the last FREE fairs in the Midwest!
- Visit the Brick Dinos Lego Exhibit at the Zoo – May 25th – September 2.
- Earn a free book with the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program!
- Did you know there is a FREE zoo in Madison?! And it’s amazing!! Go check out Henry Villas!
- Have Breakfast on the Farm! SO many local events – view 2019 dates here!
- See a Thursday night waterski show on the Pewaukee Lakefront.
- Take a drive to the see the animals at the General Store and visit Imagination Station in Oconomowoc.
- Visit the Milwaukee Public Museum – admission is FREE on the 1st Thursday of every month!
- Take a trip to Rainforest Cafe in Illinois – a rainforest themed restaurant with hourly storms and moving animals! See a video of our trip here.
Steph & Shannon, Team Busy Kids