2018 Summer Bucket List: 50 Fun Things To Do With Kids
Entertaining the kids this summer has never been easier. We’ve gathered a list of 50 fun activities to inspire you to have the best summer ever!
1. Stop by Wayne’s Drive In for Thursday Cruise Night: Classic Cars, DJ, Raffle Prizes & Kids Hula Hoop Contest.
2. Find something fresh at the West Bend Farmers Market. With over 75 vendors, it’s the largest in the area!
4. Take a walk on the wild side at Shalom Wildlife Zoo in West Bend.
5. Have a picnic and take in the views at Lion’s Den Gorge Nature Preserve in Grafton.
6. Burn some energy at Possibility Playground in Port Washington.
7. Ride the giant green slide at Veteran’s Memorial Aquatic Center in Hartford
8. Take your family to a drive-in movie!
9. Climb the scenic tower at Holy Hill and enjoy the view!
10. Check out AirVenture 2018 in Oshkosh July 23 – July 29. Children 5 and under are free!
11. Enjoy live outdoor music at Summer Sounds in Cedarburg’s Cedar Creek Park.
12. Challenge yourselves at the inflatable obstacle course inside Fondy Aqua Park in Fond du Lac!
13. Explore Bookworm Gardens – a botanical garden inspired by your children’s favorite books.
14. Enjoy a day at the Washington County Fair – held July 24-29 at Washington County Fairgrounds.
15. Go on a Safari adventure right here in our backyard at Lake Geneva Safari!
16. Splash around at the Cedarburg Community Pool.
17. Find beautiful sidewalk art at MOWA’s Art and Chalkfest, July 28-29. Admission is FREE!
19. Take a day trip and enjoy 25 cent rides at Bay Beach in Green Bay.
20. Visit the Farm Discovery Center! Opens July 28th!
21. Spend a relaxing day at the farm! Visit Green Meadows Petting Farm.
22. Sign up the kids for a summer reading program. You can find them at your local library!
23. Check out the National Geographic Dome Theater at The Milwaukee Museum.
24. Rainy Day? Find something fun to do inside our Complete Guide To Indoor Activities.
25. Try a strawberry brat at Cedarburg’s Strawberry Festival.
26. Cheer on your favorite Dachshund at Milwaukee’s Germanfest. Get in for just $3 on Friday, July 27th.
27. Plant a garden! Find kid-friendly inspiration here.
28. Take a day trip to Madison, there are so many fun things for the family to do!
29. Go strawberry and pea picking at Barthel Fruit Farm in Mequon.
30. Have an impact and spend a day volunteering on the Washington County Do Good Bus. (Ages 10+ with adult).
31. Climb the observation tower at the Mequon Nature Preserve.
32. Enjoy story time at Thiensville’s Farmer’s Market on Tuesday mornings.
33. Challenge yourselves to unplug for 24 hours. No TVs, iPads, tablets or phones.
34. Build a sand castle at Lannon Quarry (Menomonee Park) in Menomonee Falls.
35. Ride the train and carousel at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
36. Get a group together to play disc golf. Find local courses here.
37. Take a Palermos Pizza Factory Tour. The tours are kid friendly and include PIZZA!
39. Take a drive to Waterford to enjoy Balloonfest in July. Admission is free!
40. Visit the 40th Annual Walleye Weekend in Fond du Lac. Free admission, live music, kids and teen activities and so much more!
41. Grab some friends and register for the Cache Bash in West Bend – a free social event for geocachers.
42. Put on your best pirate costume and take a family sail on the Denis Sullivan!
43. Play at Quarry Adventure Beach in Sheboygan. Enjoy their open play water park with both shallow and deep water activities.
44. Cheer on the truck and tractor pulls at Ozaukee County Fair, one of the last FREE fairs in the Midwest!
45. Visit the Dinosaurs! A Jurassic Journey exhibit at the Zoo.
46. Earn a free book with the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program!
47. Did you know there is a FREE zoo in Madison?! And it’s amazing!! Go check out Henry Villas!
48. Have Breakfast on the Farm! 10 local events – view dates here!
49. See a Thursday night waterski show on the Pewaukee Lakefront.
Have a comment or question? Let us know below!