A Treasure Hunt For All Ages – The Kindness Rocks Project!
There’s a new type of treasure hunt for you to do with your kids, and it ROCKS!
Spring is here, and we are always looking for fun things to do outside with the kids. Enter the Kindness Rocks Project – a fun activity for all ages that has taken the world by storm! We love that it incorporates creativity, kindness, and the great outdoors.
Participating in the Kindness Rocks Project is EASY! We’ve outlined basic instructions below and you can find tons of inspirational designs on Pinterest.
What You’ll Need
- Smooth Rocks
Hunt for them outside (or buy them here: http://amzn.to/2G3ZpXT)
- Paint & Brushes
We like this starter set: http://amzn.to/2G0Tz9L
- Outdoor Mod Podge
Available at your local craft store or here on Amazon.
- Optional: Paper/Printer for Tracking Label
Short On Time?
Amazon to the rescue with these cute rock painting kits! (They’d also make great gifts.)
What To Do
- Gather a few rocks and clean them.
- Paint the rocks any way you’d like!
- Optional: Create a tracking label and glue it to the rock. Or simply just write “Washington County, WI Rocks” on the back.
(Further instructions can be found in the Washington County WI Rocks Facebook group.)
- Seal the rock using Mod Podge.
- Get outside and hide it for someone else to find!
- Hunt for other painted rocks!
It’s a great way to share kind messages and pictures to brighten someone else’s day!
Follow the Washington County, WI Rocks group on Facebook and see who finds your rock!
Happy hunting, everyone!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission if you purchase our recommended products. Thanks for the support!