DIY Felt Puzzle
I’ve always loved making crafts but as a mom of three I find less and less time to do it! Recently, I had the urge to make something that would entertain my kids during church, at a restaurant, etc. I looked through Pinterest but I couldn’t find something just quick and easy (I literally wanted something that took little effort!). I liked the idea of making something with felt because it’s quiet, you can make a lot out of it and it sticks together pretty well. Here is my DIY steps to making a SUPER EASY felt puzzle.
- Two square pieces of felt (we’ll cut one to 12″x12″)
- Fabric scissors
- 1 Permanent marker
- Rubber band or ribbon
- I started with leftover felt I had, but you can purchase nice squares of felt at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn’s (you get the picture). It’s fun to let your kids pick the colors. Make sure to use fabric scissors also.
- Cut one color of your felt into a square. I did roughly 12″x12″ but make it as large or small as you’d like.
- Using the second piece of felt, cut out different shapes. I just free cut but you could use your marker to draw the shapes and then cut them out.
- Lay your shapes out on your first piece of felt. Then pick each shape up and use your marker to draw the shapes onto your first piece of felt. They don’t have to be perfect, just good enough so your child can match each shape to it.
- When my children are done using the puzzle, I like to roll it up with the shapes secured inside it and place either a rubber band or ribbon around it. Then I slip it into our “on-the-go” bag.
There you go! The easiest Felt Puzzle DIY craft! Enjoy!