Winter Break Guide
Make this year’s winter break fun and memorable! Below we’ve listed 30 indoor and outdoor activity ideas that kids of all ages will love – local business specials, crafts, diy fun and more! Check it out!
We’d like to give a huge thank you to the Museum of Wisconsin Art for sponsoring this post. Be sure to check out all of their great activities going on during winter break. There will be a hot chocolate bar, winter creation stations, local musicians, a New Year countdown and much more!
2. Register for Winter Camp at the Riveredge Nature Center for ages 6-12.
3. Take a drive to see Christmas lights! We’ve listed the best local spots to see Holiday lights here.
4. Use a few simple ingredients to make homemade playdough.
5. Visit the Family Adventure Pool at the Y in West Bend.
6. Bust out the old home videos. Have a movie night filled with memories!
7. Let the kids create a masterpiece in your backyard with this DIY “snow paint” made out out of food coloring and water!
8. Find a local kids’ open gym to run off some energy.
9. Check out the holiday classics playing at the Rivoli in Cedarburg. Admission is only $3.50. See the schedule here.
10. Make DIY finger paint. The best part? It’s edible!
11. Check out Toddler Time at Sky Zone Trampoline Park. Pay $8 for 1 hour of toddler-focused activities (Friday & Saturday mornings, ages 5 and under). See details here. (Big kids love this place, too!)
12. Learn a new skill: origami! Learn origami for kids here.
13. Head to a storytime at the library. There are many in our area, check out the guide here!
14. Make your own easy DIY Felt Play Mat.
15. Test your bowling skills at Rock ‘n Bowl at Village Bowl in Menomonee Falls. Pay $9.50/kid for 2 games w/ bumpers, shoe rental, a hot dog and soda! Available on December 26, 27, 29, and 30.
16. Go sledding! Check out our guide to the best free places to sled.
17. Make these yummy homemade soft pretzels.
18. Spend an afternoon at Mineshaft’s million dollar game room! Purchase the Game Room Super Special and receive one large pizza, 100 tokens for the game room, and a pitcher of soda for $34.99.
Available Sunday after 11:00 a.m. and any other time the game room is open!!
19. Burn some energy off and jump it out at Rockin’ Jump in Brown Deer.
20. Challenge yourself to a game of indoor blacklight mini golf at Brisingamen’s in Hartford.
21. Warm up with homemade s’mores. How cute are these Owl S’mores?!
22. Dine out! Visit our Kids Eat Free Guide here.
23. “Bowl Your Brains Out” at Circle B in Cedarburg. They offer unlimited bowling on Mondays from 5pm to close for $8.00 per person.
24. Paint pottery at Just Kiln Time in Menomonee Falls. Take 50% off Christmas Items if you visit on Christmas Eve!
25. Register for Christmas Break Power Skating Camp at the Kettle Moraine Ice Center.
26. Celebrate “Noon Year’s Eve” at Fond Du Lac Children’s Museum on December 31. Enjoy a fun morning of indoor play and exploration, then ring in the “Noon” year at 12:00pm with lunch, party favors, and a big balloon drop!
27. Visit a local museum! We have many to choose from in our area. See the guide here.
28. Put together a sensory tub, great for toddlers and preschoolers.
29. Make a homemade pizza together. Here are a few recipes!
30. Get crafty and make an adorable felt finger puppet!
Have a wonderful break! Share the fun and tag us on Facebook!