New Year’s Eve 2017 – Fun For Everyone!
Celebrating New Year’s Eve can be lots of fun once you have kids. Sure, it may look a little different than your early twenties (staying out till midnight is overrated anyways), but we’ve got plenty of indoor activity ideas and local places to visit to help make it memorable for you and your kids!
Local Spots Offering Kid-Friendly Parties and Specials
- Celebrate early at Betty Brinn Children’s Museum! Their annual “New Year’s Eve at Noon” celebration will be held December 29th and kids can enjoy a countdown, ball drop, and (juice) toast.
- Experience the fun of the Harlem Globetrotters annual New Year’s Eve event, with family-friendly games at 1:00 and 6:00 pm.
- For the older kids, enjoy All Night Skate at Skate Country in West Bend.
- Get artsy and have fun at the New Year Countdown at the Museum of Wisconsin Art (MOWA).
- Enjoy special crafts and a fun photo area at the Fond du Lac Children’s Museum.
- King Pin in West Bend is offering a cosmic bowling special for New Year’s Eve. Reservations required.
- Visit Mitchell Park Domes for the New Years Eve Celebration – featuring a magician, fire dancers, a dj, magician, and more! This is a fun annual event you won’t want to miss!
- Celebrate Noon Year’s Eve at Menonomee Falls, West Bend and Mequon/Thiensville libraries!
- Bring the family to skate at the Kettle Moraine Ice Center’s New Years Eve DJ Skate!
- Celebrate the kid-friendly New Years Eve Around The World at Safe House Milwaukee.
- Kids In Motion is hosting a kids’ New Years Eve Party, including family stay and play option or supervised drop off from 6:00 – 8:30 PM. Reservations required.
- Sunday nights are Family Night at SkyZone in Waukesha. Get 2-90 minute jumps, 1 Large Pizza & 1 Pitcher of Soda for $39.99*! Additional jumpers may be added on for $12 per jumper. *Price does not include tax or Sky Socks.
- Celebrate NYE with the whole family at Little Switzerland’s annual party – fireworks, live music, and a torchlight parade!
Fun At Home
- Stream a kids’ NYE countdown on Netflix starring some of their favorite characters!
- Have your kids color their own New Years Eve 2018 Party Hats with this FREE printable.
- Play the saran wrap ball game – tons of fun for kids (and adults, too!) Find details here!
- Have your kids write down a few memories using our Celebrate the New Year free printable.
- Create a Wishing Wall. Write down all your wishes for the new year!
- Make these fun and silly paper plate noise makers.
- We love games and this is a great one to get your family talking!
- Watch home movies from the year. A great way to remember all the fun stuff you did.
What do you do with your family on New Year’s Eve? We’d love to hear your ideas!